Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Years Resolutions : Getting Fit

Hello everyone . So it's the year end and time to celebrate the new year. New years resolutions are bulking up in both my twitter and facebook timeline. Mostly were bout getting fit by the next summer . So yeah that would be my goal too. Basically , I was an athlete during my high school and i was fit but never thin. I just don't know why I can't lose weight but I was very fit and my stamina was excellent . During my centralized training for Asean Games in 2010 in National Sports Complex , I used to work out 3 times a day. Where all my teammates train only twice a day. But still , I can't see any changes in my body When my dietitian advised me , he said my metabolism was very low and that's the reason why my body couldn't burn much calories .So  he suggested me some tips to increase my metabolism .

Such as
1. Sleep 6-8 hours at night
2. Eat small portion meals six times a day ( 3 meals , 3 snacks )
3.Drink gallons of water
4.exercise at least 30 mins everyday
5.Never starve

When I followed all the above , I noticed some changes , I dropped 4kg in a month. but thats it .It was finally the competition day and then the following year was my senior year in my high school . Spm year or O' level year . When i was 16 i didn't go to school for a year because i was in centralized training in KL . So for my FORM 5 i had to really work harder to cover all Form 4 lesson that I've missed .I was very busy studying and the stress , I didn't obey my fitness routine well and again my metabolism level dropped and I gained weight. I became very tired and energyless .after 4 months I joined college and believe me I was so shy to show my face to my new friends in college because of my appearance . I always eat well , less junk food and fast food yet I still couldn't drop any pounds . Then I visited the gym in the Sunway Pyramid Mall , Celebrity Fitness , but it was very expensive that I couldn't afford their entry payment which consists of processing fee , 2 months fee deposit and etc etc. I jogged around my hostel but still not much changes .I begun giving excuses for everything . Because I was not bound to anything I h\was not feeling accountable . Then in October I had enough money from my savings and I joined the gym .I lost weight gradually . I lost 3-4 kg in October and November.and In December was back to my hometown for sem break .

This year January 2013 i moved out to a rented room near my college.It was 20mins away from my college and I had to walk back to room everyday after class by 8pm. Because of this I became very tired and couldn't follow my gym routines.Now I have gained 8kgs in a year and i jail myself in my room or my house. Everyone would notify me by "seetha , u gained weight a lot'. That hurts me a lot.

So , in January I will be moving to my hostel again and I'm very much happy that I can perform my fitness routines and be discipline . So my new year Motto would be BE DISCIPLINE !!

If you have 'Getting Fit' in your new years resolutions list then you should be discipline and together let's stay fit and be fit .

Till then , bye everyone.Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment